SENDING FILES FOR US TO SET UP FOR PRINT
Meaning: We will make print ready files of your existing artwork when sent to us as follows.
We are using the Creative Cloud version of all adobe applications
- We accept only .AI or .EPS files for this set up.
- For files larger than 10 MB, please either use an online service We recommend Drop Box or bring in/send a flash drive, CD/DVD.
- If you live locally, we encourage you to drop the files by and let us spend a few minutes to go over them with you. This makes sure that we are all on the same page.
- Please provide a separate PDF or JPEG file that represents the completed vehicle layout as you would like it printed and installed.
- Specify what scale you created your artwork at. Guessing not advised.
- Do not design on the template layer.
- Turn on all layers, discard layers that have extraneous artwork on them.
- Embed all linked images. They should be CMYK and at LEAST 100 DPI at FULL size.
- Create all vehicle wrap artwork in CMYK mode, NOT RGB and NOT PMS Pantone colors.
- Make sure all fonts are converted to outlines.
- Please add bleed to all sides of the vehicle. At least 6"...seems like a lot? Yes it is.
- Specify lamination: Luster or Matte (Banners do not require lamination).
To Waive or Not to Waive That is the question.
Why do we charge for a color proof? We don't provide you with just a print out from some laser copier. We set up a proof separately. We provide you an oversized laminated print right off the machine your full size project will be printed off of. We ship them to you in a timely manner. If there is specialty vinyl we include samples. This ensures that what you sign off on is what you will get. It's an insurance policy for both parties and we think it's important. We don't hide this cost in your pricing because we feel it's not right to bury costs. You should know exactly what you are paying for and make that decision to say YEA or NAY. If you do not want the color proof, we will ask that you sign a simple waiver to acknowledge that we offered it to you.